YOUR DATA, YOUR SURROUNDINGS
structure from 2D to 3D
big scale structure related to body , defining shape
BALENCIAGA , Ref: balenciaga.com
AT STUDIO WHILE LONDON DESIGN FESTIVAL 2016
Personal ref:MOMA, NYC
Alexander McQueen F/W 1997-1998 "It's A Jungle Out There"
McQUEEN/ Ref: hungertv.com
MUSE / yohji yamamoto/ Ref; fashionencyclopedia.com
-AVANT GARDE tailoring
-featuring japanese design aesthetics
-drapery in various textures, sophisticated folding techniques
"'I think that my men's clothes look as good on women as my women's clothing […] When I started designing, I wanted to make men's clothes for women.''
MILLENNIUM BRIDGE, NORMAN FOSTER
Research at the Central London
BALENCIAGA RESORT 2016, Ref: arabia.style.com
structure 2 PROCESS
Research inCentral London / serpentine gallery
YOHJI YAMAMOTO, Ref: phaidon.com
- untraditional materials such as wood can replace fabric or become constructional base for garment
- Abstract Expressionist
- very dynamic , looking very spontaneous
- reminding me of Chinese calligraphy , and construction
Kline's brushstrokes became completely non-representative, fluid, and dynamic. It was also at this time that Kline began only painting in black and white. He explains how his monochrome palette is meant to depict negative and positive space by saying, "I paint the white as well as the black, and the white is just as important."
- his style is difficult for critics to interpret in relation to his contemporaries.
- Kline's works were only meant to look like they were done in a moment of inspiration; however, each painting was extensively explored before his housepainter's brush touched the canvas.